“The Blue Cross is known as one of the best companies for health and travel insurance in the country.
Blue Cross has been offering protection to Canadians for more than 75 years, with its founding taking place in 1941. The need for affordable care was obvious in the 1930’s and this pushed the start of the Blue Cross services.
The Blue Cross provides services to more than 7 million members in Canada, and it is a world-recognized, not-for-profit company.
For the most part, Blue Cross works on giving Canadians the best services in living insurance. However, they do offer some life insurance options for after-life benefits.
- 1 Blue Cross Life Insurance Options
- 2 Blue Cross Global Plan
- 3 Blue Cross Tangible Plan
- 4 Blue Cross Express Plan
- 5 Blue Cross Mortgage Plan
- 6 Blue Cross Group Life Coverage
- 7 Ontario Blue Cross Insurance Company Reviews
- 8 Why Customers Choose Blue Cross
- 9 Other coverage options available at Blue Cross include:
- 10 Conclusion
Blue Cross Life Insurance Options
Blue Cross offers both term life insurance options and permanent life insurance options. There are four main plans to choose from, each with unique aspects.
The four plans include:
Blue Cross Global Plan
Those people looking for quality insurance into retirement might consider this package. It is available for those with Term to 65 life insurance and allows them to convert the policy into long-term coverage.
For those who change their mind about the policy, a “Conversion Privilege” allows them to buy an individual life insurance policy up to 31 days after canceling.
Anyone who becomes fully disabled before their 60th birthday will not be forced to pay their premiums under this benefit. As long as the person remains totally disabled, they will not be responsible for paying premiums until the age of 65.
- Available for people ages 16-59
- Insurance coverage anywhere from $5,000 to $1,000,000
- The level premium option creates a pre-determined premium based on the person’s age when they sign up for coverage
- Accelerated benefit options as of the third anniversary of the contract
Blue Cross Tangible Plan
The Blue Cross Tangible Plan is a “hybrid life insurance”. It turns into a long-term coverage plan over time. People with this plan can enjoy dual protection and up to $1 million dollars of protection.
This money eventually changes to long-term care when the insured reaches the age of 56. Those people who want the assurance that they will always have coverage might consider this alternative to permanent.
- Assured coverage
- Affordable premiums
Blue Cross Express Plan
This guaranteed life insurance plan requires no medical exam or special requirements prior to being accepted.
This plan is ideal for those people who are worried about their current health situation or potential issues going forward.
- Will leave dependents with funds for final expenses
- Up to $200,000 in coverage depending on age
- 40-64 are eligible up to $20,000
- 65-70 are eligible up to $6,000
- 71-79 are eligible up to $2,000
- Any person who passes within the initial six months of the plan does not receive full benefits
- Suicide or consequences of suicide attempts in the first 24 months make the coverage null
Blue Cross Mortgage Plan
A mortgage life insurance plan is meant to protect a home equity line of credit or a mortgage. Financial protection is often overlooked but is vital to real estate investments.
Homeowners are eligible for protection if they own one of the following:
- Principle dwellings
- Multiplex buildings (8 homes or less)
- Second residences
- A range of residences eligible
- Up to $2 million dollars in coverage while a loan is in place
- Access to the Assistance Program at no charge for health and legal information, support services, member discounts and more
- Available for people ages 18-65
- Accelerated benefit options
- Conversion privileges
Blue Cross Group Life Coverage
Blue Cross is well-known for its expansive group life options. Group life plans are a specialty at the company and easily customized to the needs of the company.
Coverage is available for both small businesses and multi-national companies, with a range of options to choose from. Benefits can include:
- Health benefits
- Dental benefits
- Critical illness
- Group life
- Accidental death and dismemberment
- Disability coverage
- …and more.
Ontario Blue Cross Insurance Company Reviews
Based on reviews from the Better Business Bureau, Blue Cross has received only negative customer reviews. There are two reported online as negative.
InsureEye offers 11 reviews for potential customers to overlook, and Blue Cross was given 1.3/5 stars based on previous experiences.
However, when it comes to Blue Cross employee reviews, ratings were much higher sitting at 3.2/5 stars, respectively. Almost 45% would recommend the company to a friend and 61% approved of the CEO.
Why Customers Choose Blue Cross
- Member Access
All members of the Blue Cross are given exclusive access to a members-only area. Within this section, people can access all kinds of additional information, guidance, discounts and more.
With so many plans to choose from, clients with Blue Cross are able to customize their plan from top to bottom. This is ideal since everyone has different needs, lifestyles, incomes, etc.
There is a range of discounts and savings to enjoy when partnering with Blue Cross. They offer a unique Blue Advantage program which includes a pay-direct drug card.
All plans, regardless of customization including $5 million in emergency travel medical coverage.
Other coverage options available at Blue Cross include:
- Dental benefits
- Accidental death and dismemberment
- Critical illness coverage
- Health spending accounts
- Employee assistance services
- Wellness spending accounts
This insurance company is uniquely made in that it offers a wide range of insurance options, with life insurance being only a small part.
Those who are looking for more options when it comes to their life insurance might consider a company more focused on these types of packages. However, it is also possible to create a mixed package with other benefits as well.