The Foresters Life Insurance Company started in 1934 and it continues to enjoy long-standing success by offering many great products.
The company stands behind the idea that families should have only the best long-term financial health and security. Not only does their teamwork to serve families as best they can, they also work to support the people in their communities.
Foresters is known for being a part of local community missions and supporting all kinds of local initiatives. Every year they donate a portion of their success to companies and people in need, including:
- $2.2 million to competitive Canadian scholarships for students in the US, Canada, and the United Kingdom
- $4.4 million to Care Packages, Create & Construct, Community Beautification, and Help Meal
Foresters Life Insurance Ratings
For people and families interested in life insurance, Foresters is a trusted company. It was rated 5th in the best life insurance no medical exam companies.
The Better Business Bureau, or ‘BBB’, rated the company with an A+. Foresters is an accredited BBB company, and its file was opened in 2008.
Since that time, the company has had a total of 24 complaints.
A.M Best also gave the company a high rating of “A” and has given them that rating for the last 17 years in a row. Customers should know that a high A.M. rating means that the company is more than capable of providing coverage to its customers.
Foresters Life Insurance Company Options
The following are the basic plan details for term, whole life, and critical illness plans:
|Term Life||Whole Life||Critical Illness|
|Coverage for a certain number of years, with a fixed premium||Permanent insurance with a guaranteed premium||Coverage in case of a serious illness. E.g. heart attack|
|Lasts 10, 20, or 30 years||Last forever||Specific term chosen|
|Initial costs are lower but increase over time||Starting costs are high but the premiums never rise||Fair premiums that increase with renewal|
|No cash value||Cash value|
Foresters Term Life Insurance
Term life insurance allows people and families to meet their everyday expenses while still being able to afford coverage.
It is a smart option for those who only want coverage for a certain amount of time; however, renewal will mean higher rates. Foresters has three packages: Term 10, 20, and 30.
Death benefits from these packages help to pay for expenses like mortgages, education, single parents expenses, and more.
- Premiums stay the same
- Preferred Insurance Classes: Coverage for $250,000 that awards people with healthy lifestyles with lower premiums
- Joint term coverage options that make payments lower and allow for a joint-first-to-die policy
- Can be changed to a permanent life policy
- Loved ones get a lump sum at the time of death
- Cheaper than permanent
- Money can be used how the person sees fit
Other riders for Foresters term life insurance:
- Children’s term rider
- Accidental death benefit
- Waiver of premium benefit
Foresters Whole Life Insurance
This type of package is able to give people the peace of mind that they are covered for life. It offers stability and premiums that never increase.
It can be very helpful for estate planning, funeral expenses, leaving a legacy, or leaving finances to a spouse.
- Long-term protection
- Premiums stay the same
- Growing cash value
- Product options
- Clients choose the payment periods—10 years, 20 years or life
- Charity Benefit provision options that do not make premiums go up
Advantage Plus Whole Life Insurance
This permanent life insurance option is very flexible and offers the chance to contribute to a chosen charity with Forester’s Charity Benefit.
- Tax-free death benefit
- Accelerated underwriting
- Cash value grows over time and can be used at any time
- A chance to earn dividends that can be paid in cash, used to lower premiums, etc.
Other features and benefits of Forester’s Whole Life Insurance plans include:
- Children’s Insurance Benefit: Provides $3,000 in term insurance to each child until they reach the age of 25. This term insurance can be changed to permanent.
- Quit Smoking Incentive Plan: Two-year premium reduction for smokers, who must submit evidence of non-smoking habits in order to let the premiums stay the same.
- Juvenile Guaranteed Insurability Benefit: Allows for extra insurance to be bought without insurability evidence if the juvenile is under 18.
Optional riders include:
- Additional Purchase option
- Term 10, 20, and 20 riders
- Accidental Death Rider
- Guaranteed insurability Rider
- Waiver Premium Rider
Forester’s PlanRight Life Insurance
This insurance package from Foresters is one of their most popular options. It is a final expense policy which is for permanent life insurance.
However, there are some questions to be answered in order to qualify for this package. Consequently, there are also some specific requirements to be met.
It has a guaranteed premium and generally has a lower premium than other final expense policy options. It is offered in modified, graded, and fixed.
When the policy is “fixed”, the benefit that will be received never changes as a result.
Foresters Life Insurance Company has an impressive, long-standing repertoire with clients all over the country.
Foresters offer a wide range of products, which are meant to fit the needs of every unique person and family. For anyone considering life insurance, this company has impressive ratings and very positive reviews that might be taken into consideration.