The city of Vaughan is in York region. It is the 5th largest in Greater Toronto Area. The population of this city has been growing steadily over the past decade. At one of the fastest in Canada, it was estimated at 288,301 in 2011 census. Vaughan is a hub for manufacturing and industrial business. We assumed a sample profile for a car and driver and calculated insurance quotes by various providers. We also compared the cost of insurance in major neighborhoods in Vaughan.
- 1 Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes in Vaughan
- 2 Most Expensive Auto Insurer in Vaughan
- 3 Cheapest Auto Insurer in Vaughan
- 4 Car Insurance in Vaughan Neighborhoods
- 5 Most Expensive Areas For Car Insurance in Vaughan
- 6 Least Expensive Areas For Car Insurance in Vaughan
- 7 Roads Division of Vaughan City
- 8 Road Safety Tips For Pedestrians
- 9 Safety Tips For Motorists
- 10 Top 10 Intersections with High Collision Statistics In Vaughan
- 11 Resources:
- 12 * Methodology
Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes in Vaughan
|Rank||Auto Insurance Company||Annual Rate|
|1||Travelers (Dominion Product)||$3,065|
|2||Travelers (Chieftain Product)||$3,228|
Most Expensive Auto Insurer in Vaughan
We did a survey to check the cost of car insurance providers in Vaughan. The highest quote was by Echelon Insurance at an annual rate of $4,751. This is one of the insurers who may not turn down high-risk class customers. Their quote is $1686 higher than the lowest quote. This could be an option if you have been refused insurance coverage in the regular market. The next highest quote was by Intact at an annual rate of $4485. There was a difference in premiums by $266 with Echelon.
Cheapest Auto Insurer in Vaughan
The lowest quote for car insurance was by Travelers Dominion Product at an annual rate of $3065. The Travelers Chieftain Product quote was the next one at an annual rate of $3228. There was a difference of $163 between both quotes. The Chieftain product is exclusively available to residents of Ontario only.
Car Insurance in Vaughan Neighborhoods
|Neighborhoods||Car Insurance can be as low as*|
Most Expensive Areas For Car Insurance in Vaughan
We compare the cost of car insurance in some neighborhoods in Vaughan by using a sample. The most expensive area for car insurance was Woodbridge. The annual rate quoted for this area was $2168. This community is located to the north of Toronto and is a large suburb. It is bounded by Highway 400 on the west and Highway 50 on the west. On the north side, it is bounded by Steeles Avenue and the south is bounded by Major Mackenzie Driver W. There is a lot of residential and commercial properties in this area. The same quote amount was calculated for Coleraine too. Both areas are not too far apart and that could be a reason for similar quotes.
Least Expensive Areas For Car Insurance in Vaughan
The lowest quote was calculated for Kleinburg at an annual rate of $1329. This is a small village bounded on the west side by Highway 27 and on the east side is Stegman’s Mill. It is mostly a farming land with lots of forest area. The population is very sparse in this remote village. The next lowest quote was for Thornhill at $20 less. This area is divided into 2 parts by Yonge Street. So one part lies in Markham and the other half is part of Vaughan city. The community here is quite diverse and there is no general hospital in this part of the city.
Roads Division of Vaughan City
The city of Vaughan has many measures to manage proper road safety for winter conditions. Salting of the roads is done before the end of November, snow plowing is done when snow collects as much as 2 inches. The city tries to keep the sidewalks and safe for pedestrians at all times. All roads and sidewalks owned by the city of Vaughan are managed by the Roads Division. This department takes care of many services to keep the roads safe for all users.
Some of the initiatives handled by Roads Division
Installation of Culvert: This is done to create one or more entrance across ditches that exist. It could be for new homes or due to a change to old driveways. These also help to access rural area structures such as farming and building lots.
Curb Repair: The city staff patrols and monitors the need for repairing curbs. This is needed to collect excess water and move it to the storm drainages.
Sidewalk Repair: This is also maintained by the city staff and checked yearly for any defects.
Streetlights & Traffic Signals: Most of the streetlights are managed by the Roads Division. They also take care of proper functioning of pedestrian signals, flashing warning beacons, and traffic signals
Road Safety Tips For Pedestrians
- Keep eye contact with drivers when near a vehicle or intersection
- Ensure that the driver sees that you are about to cross
- Check and cross when drivers are ready to stop for you
- Keep a watch on the drivers while crossings
Safety Tips For Motorists
- Expect to stop for pedestrians
- Speed down near crossover markings and signs
- Do not cross another vehicle near crossings
- Stop the vehicle safely when a pedestrian is about to cross or is already crossing
- Remain stopped safely till the time the pedestrian has completed the crossing
Top 10 Intersections with High Collision Statistics In Vaughan
The following intersections had the highest number of collisions between the period 2012 to 2014. These numbers were presented in the Annual Safety Report 2015 prepared by York Region Police.
- Weston Road and Highway 7
- Rutherford Road and Weston Road
- Highway 7 and Keele Street
- Jane Street and Highway 7
- Jane Street and Major Mackenzie Drive West
- Pine Valley Drive and Highway 7
- Major Mackenzie Drive West and Exit 35/GO Carpool Lot – Hwy 400 & Major Mackenzie Drive West;
- Rutherford Road and Islington Avenue
- Rutherford Road and Jane Street
- Carrville Road/Rutherford Road and Bathurst Street
For the survey, we assumed that the auto insurance premiums are for a 35-year-old man who owns his car Honda Civic model 2012. The credit rating is good and he has basic liability coverage. The annual mileage ranges from 5,000 to 8,000 with no traffic tickets since last 5 years.
Insurance quotes shown here are examples only. The lowest cost insurance provider depends on numerous factors related to the car, driver, location and driving conditions. There’s no guarantee that the lowest rate provider in these examples produces the lowest rate for every driver.